In the newest episode of the Insert Witty Name Show we are joined by my cousin and resident TMNT expert Darran Smyth to talk about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze, which must be a contender for the longest movie title ever. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: the legacy of Vanilla Ice, love for David Warner, a lack of thematic resonance, acrobatics on the radio and the unbearable absence of Bebob and Rocksteady.
While you're over there you can listen to the other episodes of the show that I haven't linked to because I haven't been using my blog:
- Episode 19: "Oingo Boingo, Oingo Boingo" - Topic: Ghostbusters Movies, the recently announced reboot and the novelisation.
- Episode 18: "Serious Arm Cramp" - Topic: The Star Trek TNG Movies, Star Trek in general and me randomly talking about comics.
- Episode 17: "Alan Sounds Different" - Topic: Patrick and Sarah's Favourite Albums (I'm not in this one so if that matters to you feel free to skip it.)
- Episode 16: "So, the Turtles..." - Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) featuring Special Guest host Darran Smyth and recorded in only one room.
- Episode 15: "God, the Devil & Bobcast" - Topic: God, the Devil and Bob and Patrick's birthday!
- Episode 14: "Roger the Duck" - Topic: Phase 1 of The Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC's attempts and this.
- Episode 13: "Get Sparkly Pants But Don't Think Of This As A Profitable Business" - Topic: Patrick hosts a roundtable discussion with fellow Nerdvice contributors The Omega, Zenithwillrule, Gomer, LadySpaz and Leon Thomas but not me because I like to sleep at three a.m.
- Episode 12: "Donald Trump Top Trumps" - Topic: Boardgames. That's it. Patrick gave me an hour to talk about boardgames. I think he might regret that now.
- Episode 11: "Not Relevant But Is" - Topic: The season finales of Cheers and Fraiser.
- Episode 10: "Troyal" - Topic: Garth Brooks' possible mid-life crisis alterego Chris Gaines and that time he didn't play Dublin
- Episode 9: "Worse Than The Scots" - Topic: The pilot of Game of Thrones and Patrick's dislike of the fantasy genre
- Episode 8: "The Unemployed Geographer" - Topic: The career of Dustin "The Turkey" Hoffman, a turkey of some repute on these shores.
- Episode 7: "It Doesn't Matter If It's Good, Folks..." - Topic: The pilot of Twin Peaks which is actually pretty timely now seen as it's coming back in 2016.
- Episode 6: "Thumb Wife" - Topic: I watch Manos: The Hands of Fate for the first time and then sit physically beside Patrick to discuss it.
- Episode 5: "Possibly Wurzel Gummidge" - Topic: The abomination that is the Doctor Who 30th Anniversary special Dimensions in Time
- Episode 4: "This Damn Podcast" - Topic: Webseries that aren't your favourite webseries ever.
- Episode 3: "Kidnapped by Glee" - Topic: Our favourite cover versions of songs
Also for the sake of completionism:
- Episode 2: "Ricardo Montlaban's Peclicas" - Topic: The original Star Trek movies and the best jacket of all time! OF ALL TIME!
- Episode 1: "Hulk Hogan's Meat Shoes" - Topic: Our favourite and least favourite sitcoms
Wow, that's a lot of podcasts. That should teach me to blog more regularly in the future. It probably won't though.